Wednesday, March 14, 2012

First Post!!!

Greetings! I wanted to take a second on this first post to introduce myself and give my idea for what I hope this blog can be.

My name is Ted Strange, I grew up playing guitar, and playing bass in church. I have worked for Guitar Center since 2001, and have had the pleasure of running the New Orleans, Memphis, and Central Dallas stores. I have played a variety of music, session work, and touring in bars, clubs, and churches.

My approach to worship guitar is different than most. This is due to most of my electric experience being in cover bands and in bars and clubs. My desire for this blog is to give some helpful tips from things I have learned and am still learning. Since my approach to worship music comes from a different style of playing than the traditional way guitarist play worship songs, I think this blog will offer an interesting perspective to playing electric worship guitar.

The following are some topics I hope to go over soon:
Chord inversions
Gear: Pedals, Amps, and Guitars
Using Delay
Practice and Rehearsing songs
Mic Placement
Amp Volume
Boutique vs. Budget
Pedalboard wiring
Looper Pedals
True Bypass
Stacking overdrives

Thanks for reading!
Ted Strange
Tedstrange@tedstrange.com

No comments:

Post a Comment